Updated: April 2015
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL AND OTHER IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
Greener Pastures Home Care & Staffing (GPC) is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of all information it receives. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of how GPC may use and disclose Protected Health Information (PHI) as well as any other identifying information that you may provide to us. GPC is required by law to maintain the privacy of PHI and to provide all individuals served with notice of GPC’s legal duties and privacy practices with respect to PHI. GPC will abide by the terms set forth in this Notice.
HOW WE USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION – Without separate authorization
1. Treatment – GPC will use medical information about you to provide you with home care services and treatment. For example, information may be shared with members of our staff, your doctors, or health care facilities.
2. Payment – GPC is normally required to disclose your medical information to: obtain prior approval from an insurer before providing services to you; bill and collect payment for the services we provided to you.
3. Health Care Operations – GPC may use or disclose your medical information for quality improvement, staff evaluation, or other operational purposes. Your name and address may be used to send out satisfaction surveys, or we may call you to remind you that our staff will be visiting you. We have business associates such as accountants, consultants and attorneys that provide some services for us. We have a written contract with them that requires them to protect the privacy of your medical information. Government surveyors may also have access to your medical information when they are evaluating the quality of our services.
4. Health Related Benefits, Services and Treatment Alternatives – GPC may use and disclose medical information about you to contact you about other health related benefits, services or treatments that may be available to you. If you do not want to receive these communications, please notify Our Designee in writing.
5. Individuals Involved in Your Care – GPC may disclose medical information about you to a family member, other relative, close friend or any other person identified by you if they are involved in your care or payments related to your care. We may disclose medical information about you if they need to be notified of your location, general condition or death. Please advise us if there is someone living in your home, a close friend or a caregiver that you do not want us to share information with, or if you do not want us to leave any messages on your telephone answering machine.
6. Uses or Disclosures That Are Required or Permitted by Law – GPC may use or disclose medical information about you as necessary as required by law and for the following reasons: Disaster relief efforts; public health activities to report, prevent or control diseases; research under certain limited circumstances; reporting of abuse, neglect or domestic violence; health oversight agencies, to Food and Drug Administration to monitor drugs/devices; to the police or law enforcement officials as required by law or in compliance with a court order or other process authorized by law, to units of the government with special functions, such as the U.S. Military or the U.S. Dept. of State, and to prevent a threat to public health or safety, funeral directors, coroners and medical examiners; organ donation; Workers’ Compensation to provide benefits for work-related injuries or illnesses.
7. Response to your inquiries and information requests – GPC may use non-medical information you provide to us such as address, phone number, and email address to respond to your information requests, to gather demographic information, to obtain web site statistics, to provide you with updates related to our service offerings. GPC will not share or disclose this information for other purposes. Any changes to this policy will be posted promptly and conspicuously on our web site.
Other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization, which you may cancel at any time by notifying Our Designee in writing of your desire to cancel it. Examples of this type of disclosure would include: Drug companies request for your information for marketing purposes, or an attorney requesting your medical information for use in a civil law suit.
The information contained in your health record is the physical property of GPC. The information in it belongs to you. You have the following rights:
Right to Request Restrictions – You have the right to ask us not to use/disclose your medical information for a particular reason related to treatment, payment or our operations. You may ask that family members or other individuals not be informed of specific medical information. Requests must be made in writing to Our Designee. We do not have to agree to your request. If we agree to your request, we must keep the agreement, except in the case of a medical emergency. Either you or GPC can stop a restriction at any time.
Right to Receive Confidential Communications – You have the right to ask that we communicate with you in a certain manner or at a certain place. A request for confidential communications must be made in writing to Our Designee. We must agree with the request if it is reasonable.
Right to Inspect and Copy Your Medical Information – You have the right to request, inspect, and obtain a copy of your medical information. You must submit a request in writing to Our Designee. We may charge a fee for the costs of copying, summarizing and/or mailing information to you. If we agree to your request, we will tell you. We may deny your request under certain limited circumstances, and we will let you know in writing, if your request is denied. You may be able to request a review of our denial.
Right to Request Amendments to Your Medical Information – You have the right to request that we correct your medical information. You must submit your request for an amendment in writing to Our Designee, if you believe that any medical information in your record is incorrect or that important information is missing. We do not have to agree to your request. If we deny your request, we will tell you why. You have the right to submit a statement disagreeing with our decision. We may deny a request if we determine that the information: 1. Was not created by us, 2. Is not part of the medical information that we maintain, 3. Is in records that you are not allowed to inspect and copy, and 4. Current medical information is already accurate and complete.
Right To An Accounting of Disclosures of Health Information – You have a right to find out what disclosures of your PHI have been made. The list of disclosures – an accounting, may be made for up to six (6) years prior to the date on which you request the accounting, but cannot include disclosures before April 14, 2003. We are not required to include disclosures for treatment, payment or Health Care operations or certain other exceptions. You are entitled to one free accounting in any twelve (12) month period and must submit a written request to Our Designee. We may charge you for the cost of providing additional accountings. We will notify you in advance if there is an additional charge.
Right to be notified of a Data Breach – You have a right to be notified of an unauthorized disclosure of your PHI.
Right To Obtain a Copy of the Notice – You have the right to request and get a paper copy of this notice. GPC reserves the right to change its privacy practices at any time, and any such change shall apply to all PHI GPC maintains, including information created or received by GPC prior to issuing a new Notice. If GPC materially changes its privacy practices, this Notice shall be amended and disseminated to all clients.
Questions/Complaints – If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you may contact GPC Home Care & Staffing directly. You will not be retaliated against for reporting a violation of your privacy rights. If you have any questions, want more information, or wish to file a complaint with us, please contact by phone, or by mail:
Greener Pastures Care
1298 Cronson BLVD. Suite 203,
Crofton, Maryland 21114.
Updated: April 2015
We collect both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information through this Site in order to help us to learn more about how our visitors use this Site, to measure areas of interest, to provide our users with important information on our network and our services. Collection of information allows us to build features and functionality that will enhance your experience. You are not obligated to provide us with Personal Information in order to use the Site. However, we do require that you register and provide certain Personal Information in order to send us inquiries, to receive confidential information about our network, and to receive newsletters and other special offers. We collect non-personally identifiable information through the use of General Tracking Information and Click Path Tracking (cookie technology) described below.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We keep track of the pages visited by each user. Our web server automatically collects some information about you when you request pages from our server, including your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you. We aggregate this data with data on the pages visited by other users to track overall visitor traffic patterns. We use this information to improve our Site by making it more responsive to the needs and preferences of our users. This information does not identify you personally.
2. Click Path Tracking Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Greener Pastures Care and our affiliates, our marketing, testing and quality assurance partners, or our analytics, information technology and web monitoring service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We use Local Storage also referred to as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use Local Storage to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LS’s.
If you choose to register on our Site, you will be asked to provide Personal Information which may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. We do not actively share Personal Information gathered from our Web servers. When you register, we will place your name in our mailing list and will send you an e-mail to the address you have provided to confirm your registration on our Site.
We require Personal Information from you in order to learn more about how you use the Site; to measure areas of interest in our network and the services we provide; to understand the needs of our customers; to provide you with better service; and to help us with internal record keeping. If you register, your registration information may be used by Greener Pastures Care for internal research purposes and may be compiled as part of our internal database system. In addition, we may send correspondence to the e-mail and / or street address you provide to us when registering on our Site. This correspondence may include newsletters, promotional offers, information on new features and services we provide, Site updates, responses to your e-mails, comments and opinions, and may also be used as a means of providing technical support. In certain instances you will have an opportunity to limit these uses at the time your Personal Information is collected. You also may limit the correspondence by following the instructions in the “Opt-Out” Section below.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our hardware, software, and security infrastructure as well as our internal standards for this Site to meet current industry standards and technology. In addition, we will be using standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to secure all pages used for inputting user Personal Information. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between us will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
You may choose to have your name taken off of our registration list, cease receiving correspondence or newsletters from us or you can update or delete the Personal Information that you have provided to us, via one of the following methods:
We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The data contained in our Site is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error free. Greener Pastures Care attempts to ensure that the data provided or otherwise displayed on our Site is accurate. However, the Site and its contents are provided on an “as is, as available” basis. Use of the Site and its contents is at your sole risk. Greener Pastures Care does not warrant that any functions of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site will be free from viruses or other harmful components. Greener Pastures Care makes no warranties, either express or implied, concerning the content of the Site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the Site.
We do not specifically collect information about children nor market our products or services to children. We have no reason to believe that this Site will attract children, or that children will access this Site or provide Personal Information.
The Site offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Also, our blogs do not constitute, act or replace professional medical advice. For medical advice please seek a professional. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at email@example.com/newsite. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org/newsite.
If you choose to use our referral service to email a friend about the Site, we will ask you for your name, email address and your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. Any email information stored by Greener Pastures Care is for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and will not be accessed again.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com/newsite to request that we remove this information from our database.
You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or any part of the Site with or without notice and for any reason. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be grounds for terminating our relationship, and if we believe that you have committed such acts, we may report you to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Greener Pastures Care,
Greener Pastures Care,
1298 Cronson BLVD. Suite 203,
Crofton, Maryland 21114.